Thursday, February 14, 2013

'i love you' day

Andy and I have never been the celebrate Valentine's Day type. Putting it in a category with NYE and the Fourth of July, it's one of those "holidays" that creates an unnecessary amount of pressure to do something amazing - amazingly fun, amazingly exciting, amazingly thoughtful, amazingly romantic. I think if you're going to one of those amazing things, it shouldn't require a special day or work holiday or event to do so. Be spontaneous, people!

We do celebrate, however. We celebrate this special day but not because of dear Saint Valentine, but instead because it's the first time we said "I love you" to each other. The non-romantic in me gags a little bit to know that these relationship and life altering words were spoken on February 14th, but they were spoken nonetheless (and while Andy was painkillers - hmmm...?).

It's been one hell of a ride these last few years, Mister Hein, but it's with great excitement I look forward to the many, many more ahead. I love you.


1 comment:

  1. I would assume that if it was said under the influence of pain killer he really really meant it. :)

    ReplyDelete