Monday, February 24, 2014

arzler alm


Emilie introduced me to Arzler Alm a few weeks ago and I knew I'd be back. It was gorgeous yesterday - 50 and sunny - so after a fueling our bodies with Andy's homemade cinnamon rolls (divine) we were off on a Hein family hike. We layered warm clothes, packed the camera, and headed up to Hungerburg.

One thing that never fails to amaze me about the locals here is the importance placed on getting outside and being active. I'd be lying if I told you we weren't passed along the trail by a handful of 60+ers and their walking sticks. Don't get me wrong, we're in shape but... yeah. I blame the altitude.


After a quick hike and a Harry Wintson photo shoot, we arrived at Arzler Alm, treated ourselves to a Radler, and enjoyed the view of the valley.


We're definitely looking forward to taking our next round of visitors up to this little mountain retreat. Pack your boots, y'all!

2 comments:

  1. I love Radlers... just discovered them here. Harry is a model pup! Miss you guys :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they the best? They make two kinds here - one with Sprite and one with lemonade - so you're never sure what you're going to get but they are equally tasty! We miss you to the moon.

      Delete