Monday, March 3, 2014

monday musings



1. It's officially March, which means we head back to the states in just over two months. Where have the last six months gone? I feel like it was yesterday we were saying "So long. Farewell. Auf Wiedersehen. Goodbye." to America.

2. On this day, last year, my darling friend Clare and I were running through the streets of Paris for the Semi-Marathon. Again I ask, where has the time gone?

3. March 3rd also marks opening day for registration for the 2014 Nautica Malibu Triathlon. I remember sitting in the living room of our apartment last year as I pressed the "confirm registration" button, sweating and wondering what on earth had I gotten myself into. Last year's race was a blast and I'm proud to report that I've successfully recruited my sister, brother-in-law, niece (she'll tackle the Tot Trot), step-dad, and hopefully step-brother and future-brother-in-law to participate. Three cheers for family and fitness!

4. Today was Monday (obviously) but after back-to-back matches this weekend, it felt strangely like Sunday. We slept in, took Harry to the park where he had an impromptu play date with the cutest little Frenchie gal (see above), and strolled Old Town with friends. Adding to the "I thought it was Sunday" confusion, everything was open (because it was Monday)... #abroadproblems

5. Andy made a delicious "Winter Herb Pasta with Roasted Vegetables" for dinner tonight. It was healthy and comfort food-y and will hopefully be making an appearance on Kate vs. Kitchen very soon. After the first run-through, we have a few adaptations to make before we'll deem it worthy.

P.S. Hypo clinched their trip to the semis with a convincing win last night - hooray!

1 comment:

  1. Nice....everyone doing the triathalon. Sounds like a great family event!!

    ReplyDelete