1. We tend to church hop during our summers in Orange County. Though we've most recently found an incredible community and home at Viewpoint, we're thankful that other mega-churches broadcast their weekly sermons. We might not have a church family here in Europe, but having the ability to connect with friends and family via recent messages is the biggest blessing. Lately, we've been loving Mariners' "Beautiful Mess" series, specifically the series-within-the-series "What Kids Really Need From Caring Parents." Doug Fields is a genius and while we're not parents to a human yet, it's also meant for grandparents, godparents, coaches, mentors, teachers, etc.
2. In two months, from right now, we will be home. Athletes Abroad recently asked what our first meal(s) on American soil will be: lunch at Tacubaya, dinner Wasabi + Ginger followed by dessert at Loving Cup.
3. The boys travel to Verona, Italy this week for a friendly match. Forza Hypo!
4. The forecast for the week is all sunshine and temps in the 60s. We have a sun deck on the roof of our gym and I'm contemplating spending a whole heck of a lot of time up there. I wonder if the same "no clothes allowed" rules apply…
5. Andy and I have been working hard on a fitness plan for our last few months here. As I head into a summer of triathlon training, I think we've settled on the following: lift, interval/HIIT, recovery cardio, repeat, with a day of rest as needed (likely Sundays, especially after a home match Saturday night). What are your favorite treadmill workouts? How are you preparing for summer time?