It's been awhile since I've graced this little corner of the inter webs with my inner most musings. So much has happened in the last few weeks and even more will happen in the coming ones. I'm hoping "get warm and stay sunny" is Mother Nature's to-do list as we head into our last month in Innsbruck. Within hours of the above photo being taken, we were hit with dark skies and snow flakes. I can't keep up with this valley weather...
1. We had the Siddalls, Greg, and Janja over for Easter brunch yesterday. From fresh-squeezed juices to homemade cinnamon rolls and more, we all ate more than would be considered appropriate. And Janja tried sweet potato for the first time! It's still so amazing to me that different cultures and countries eat so differently from each other. I love being the one to expose our friends to new foods and recipes. We upped our game this year and threw a handful of new recipes into the mix including: a Potato Leek Frittata, Egg White & Spinach Frittata Ranchera, and the Best Breakfast Potatoes Ever.
2. My brother-in-law recently shared this little bit of YouTube gold with us. In fact, the subject line read: "Stop whatever you are doing and watch this right now." I shared the video via Twitter with our Innsbrucker hockey friends and the response from one was, "Not even Morgan Freeman could have narrated that any better." I agree. See for yourself. The commentary is priceless.
3. I think I'm slowly turning Austrian. The thrill I experienced when purchasing another dirndl (you never know when these things might come in handy) this past week and my increasing comfort in sweating naked in a dark, wooden room with local retirees is alarming. But only slightly.
4. I can't get enough of this song lately, which is surprising and moderately embarassing as its a far cry from my typical music preferences which include a variety of lesser known, up-and-coming Indie bands. I think I'm just so sick of hearing the same 10 techno/auto-tuned songs playing on the European stations that I prefer any respite I can offer my ears, even if it is in the form of Harry Styles.
5. T-minus one month until our flight back to the states. Literally, in one month from right now, we will be on an airplane bound for San Francisco. Eeep! But before then, Andy's team has some work to do. The finals start on Wednesday and we play the first of the best-of-seven match at home. If there are links to share, we will do so!