Saturday, March 5, 2011

Kate's turn!

The time has finally come and in just a few short hours, I'll be boarding a plane to Moscow via JFK. I'm not exactly sure what to expect in Russia but I'm looking very forward to it - I'm thinking house shoes and sweatpants, lots of H2H chats, snuggling up with a few good books and a shot (or fifteen) of Russian vodka.


I hope I don't come home looking and/or feeling like this...


My biggest fear (aside from being kidnapped by Communists or attacked by a bear on a chain in Moscow - thanks for that, Tash), is what on earth will I eat? Andy, affectionately known by some as a human garbage disposal, has had a tough time adjusting to Russian fare. Woe is vegetarian me. I've planned ahead a bit and packed some "essentials" including dried fruit, granola bars, almonds, mac & cheese (kraft, duh) and chocolate chip cookie mix. Rumor has it they have avocados and eggs - hooray!

Do you think the locals will judge my pink uggs and fuschia Ray Bans? I'm not convinced they're so much into colors, let alone "happy" ones. Thoughts and prayers for safe and stress-free (a girl can dream) travel are much appreciated. So long America!

On to the next one...


Love,
k + a

No comments:

Post a Comment