Wednesday, January 11, 2012

When the cat's away, the mouse will play...

...right? Maybe not.

Tuesday morning, the boys hit the road for a three day road trip to compete in a CEV match. Initially, these three days off had me overflowing with excitement at all traveling and adventuring I would do in their absence - a quick trip up to Paris, a jaunt over to Milan for the day. In reality, my time the last day and a half has been spent catching up on reading and emails, taking down and stowing our Christmas decorations and cleaning up around the frat house.

Feeling a little stir-crazy yesterday and wanting to enjoy the (finally!) gorgeous weather, Harry and I spent our afternoon down at the lake, relaxing and taking in the sunshine.


You'd think after three months I'd be used this scenery and stop asking, "Do we seriously live here?" eight times a day. There are things about this season I'd change if I could and that are far from ideal but who am I to complain? We live in the most beautiful place in the world. I mean, Ben the Bachelor does propose at the end of this season overlooking the Matterhorn in Zermatt, Switzerland. If only we'd known when Ben and his lady friend would be in town, we could have arranged for a double date. Your loss, Ben F.

on to the next one...

No comments:

Post a Comment