Thursday, January 19, 2012

26

It's not just the number of miles I hope to run during the first marathon I complete (knock on wood) sometime in 2012, but the number of years I turn in just a few more minutes.

25 was a doozy. In the last calendar year I...
- Packed up the San Francisco apartment I worked so hard to get
- Quit my dream job
- Took a huge leap of faith and headed to Russia for nearly a month on the first (of many) volleyball adventures with Andy. Along the way, I learned more about Andy and myself than I ever thought was humanly possible in just 25 days.
- Packed up and moved to Orange County
- Planned and executed (and might I add, nearly flawlessly) KAWOL
- Packed up and moved the majority of our life (and shiny, beautiful wedding gifts) into storage
- Tended to the most perfect miniature human being in the whole world, Ellie Anne Dranka
- Packed up and moved halfway across the world to reunite with my husband (still kind of weird to say that) in Switzerland
- Stepped completely out of my comfort zone by meeting new people, exploring new cities and learning to live the Euro life

While it's safe to say my 25th year had it's unfair fair share of ups and downs, I'm a better person because of it. I've rediscovered my love and passion for God, fallen head-over-heels in love all over again with my husband, family and friends (okay fine, you too Harry Winston), and have learned too many? so many valuable lessons.

So cheers to you, 26May this next year bring the very best of happiness, health and less of a hangover than this night did...


LMK Mexican Fiesta a la 2010.

on to the next one...

1 comment: