Tuesday, May 7, 2013

running shape


After a brief (read: not so brief) running hiatus, I was in dire need of getting back on the horse. Given our existing partnership with Wahoo's, Anna and I were invited to run in the 5k race they sponsor during the OC Marathon weekend.

I continue to be amazed by the diversity of people encountered at community events such as these. I get the chills when I see a man older than my dad proudly wearing a marathon finisher medal and drinking a beer in the finishers village, or the new daddy lovingly pushing his newborn in the stroller whilst following his wife as they truck along the 13.1 half marathon course together. Inspiring doesn't begin to describe.

It's with this motivation and newly found wind beneath my wings that I set out on my next fitness adventure. Prayers as I begin officially training for my first triathlon. Eeep!

No comments:

Post a Comment