Thursday, December 1, 2011

Pinterest Inspired: Chocolate Chunk Cheesecake Cookies


One of my primary goals before embarking on this season overseas was to become more confident in the kitchen. And though I love a good cookbook (as evidenced by the 20 pound box of them in storage), finding the perfect recipe and wrapping my head around the start-to-finish process of making a complete meal had me a tick spooked. I craved easy and delicious recipes but I didn't know where to start...

Enter Pinterest - a virtual pin board allowing you to search, share and organize inspirations of all kinds - from fashion to shoes to home decor to DIY craft projects to holiday party ideas and more. I'm still a bit green in the world of "pinning" but I'm finding so many things I love and want to try.

As brown sugar has yet to reveal itself to me at any grocery stores here in Switzerland, I'm constantly searching for worthy substitutes or recipes not requiring it all (which shouldn't even be allowed in my opinion). When I stumbled across this treat pinned to one of my girlfriend's (thanks Keri!) boards, I had to go for it.


Chocolate Chunk* Cheesecake Cookies
Recipe from Sister Wisdom

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
10 tablespoons butter (1 stick plus 2 tablespoons)
1 cup sugar
1 egg
3 ounces cream cheese
1 teaspoon vanilla
12 ounces chocolate chunks
Preheat oven to 375.

Combine dry ingredients (flour through soda) in a bowl and set aside. In mixer, blend butter, sugar, egg, cream cheese, and vanilla. Slowly add the dry ingredients, mixing with each addition, until all are incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips.

Grease a cookie sheet. Drop dough by the spoonful onto sheet, at least 1 inch apart.

Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown around edges.

*Chocolate chips are also MIA here in L-town so I improvised by chopping up a few Swiss Chocolate bars.

These cookies are absolutely delicious and super simple - I highly recommend!

on to the next one...

2 comments:

  1. Those look so delicious! Also, last year in Germany I found brown sugar in all the asian markets if that helps :) Loving your blog!

    ReplyDelete